Monday, December 17, 2007

Home Alone

So I am sitting here alone (Pete is at school studying...) watching Monday Night Football and I thought that I should start this since I know people will want to keep in touch-- don't worry, I am well aware of the fact that it's because of the baby!

I thought I would give an update on our little family, just to keep some people up to date since the last year has been a whirlwind.

We moved to an apartment close to (actually, right around the block) Shayla and Sean (my sister and her husband) in March 2007. In April, Pete received a scholarship through the Navy for medical school and we found out we were pregnant! Pete graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in Spanish in May and then left to go to Officer Indoctrination School in June... phew. Throughout this time period, I was working full time for UPMC's Internal Medicine Department and going to school full time as well. Six weeks later Pete came home and packed up our house and we moved so he could start school. I finished working for UPMC in August and have cut back to only going to school full time.

Peter and I are now in living in Philadelphia, PA as Pete is attending medical school at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM). I am attending Drexel University, hoping to finish (someday...) with a masters in secondary education. I'll start school again in April, after taking some time off to spend with the baby.

So far I am just waiting for the little guy to come, but I'm hoping it happens sometime soon! The official due date is December 23, but who knows :) Pete has been busy busy busy with school, but he is doing well and trying his hardest to keep up. I am amazed at how much information he is learning, but I'm glad it's him and not me! He recently finished his first term with anatomy and is currently studying Bio-Chem. His class takes their second test for the term on Thursday, so we are hoping the baby waits until after the test to come!

We love our apartment here in Philadelphia, and we have been so lucky meeting some wonderful people. Pete has become good friends with some of the guys in his class, Bobby Doran and James Aston, and luckily for me, they have great wives (Amanda and Martha)! Bobby and Amanda have a 5 month old, Lillian, who is absolutely adorable. Amanda and I have become good friends as well, and we all have dinner together a lot! I am excited to be able to spend time with Amanda and Lillian once the baby comes-- Lillian will be able to show him all the ropes!! Martha flies back and forth between here and Salt Lake City, UT each week, where she is attending school to get her masters in piano performance. It's so great to have her here on the weekends, and we're excited for the Christmas break when she'll be here in Philly the whole time! She plans to finish next year, so it'll be nice for her to be done and have some time to play with us!

We also have a great ward and have really enjoyed getting to know all the people at church. There are a few other couples who are going through medical school right now too, so it is nice that they know what we're going through and how to handle it. There are also a lot of Wharton Business School students in our ward and then of course, all the Philadelphia locals. Everyone adds a little something different, and we have really had a great time here.


Well this is getting long so I'll wrap it up. I'll try to keep this up to date, but we'll see...

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the holiday season-- we wish you all the best!

1 comment:

Tiffany and Jeremy said...

Congrats on the baby! Have a great new year!