Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Week Three

So its been three weeks that we have managed to keep Caleb (and ourselves) alive and well. Despite the fever I endured last week, we have all managed to stay happy and relatively well rested. Pete started back to school this week and is trying hard to get right back into the swing of things. It's hard for him to leave Caleb everyday, but considering the alternative (dropping out of medical school and living on the street), Caleb and I are glad that he's off being studious.

Our ward has been great bringing us dinners-- which is amazing, since Caleb has decided that being held is a must, which in turn makes cooking difficult. My mom comes to stay with us this weekend, so it will be great to have Nana here. Caleb will undoubtedly be the most spoiled three week old around.

I am adjusting to life as a mother pretty well. I have not left the house in days, can't remember if I showered recently and have no idea what today's date is-- let alone what day of the week it is. Mostly I stare at Caleb all day, change diapers and feed him CONSTANTLY. But I love it. This whole staying at home thing is fabulous. We'll see how long this lasts. He's started to focus on things and he loves to stare at lights. It's pretty incredible to watch him figure things out. He's pretty much a genius.

I also have never watched so much TV in all my life. I can now, however, solve any crime, thanks to my training from "Law and Order" which must have been on since the beginning of TV. I haven't seen the same episode yet and I swear, TNT runs about 5 shows a day.

Someday I will have something to write about other than Caleb... I'll work on getting a life of my own :) The library here lets you download audio books, so Caleb and I are going to become well "read". At this point, anything has to be better than "Law and Order" and "ER".

Well, the kid wants to be fed. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care!
Amanda

1 comment:

Chaci said...

Hey Knickerbockers--fun to see your blog. Caleb is so adorable!