Friday, December 19, 2008

Day Two

It's day two of our experiment with gDiapers and all I can say is "Wow!"
His diaper rash is almost gone and there is no extra redness. Fantastic!


EDIT: Let me explain a little about gDiapers. Don't think I'm crazy-- you'll have to see them to really understand. They are a "hybrid" diaper-- a mixture between disposable diapers and cloth diapers. There is a diaper cover, called a little g, a waterproof liner and a disposable core. The disposable core is perfume and chlorine free, which is why I think it helps Caleb's diaper rash. However, it is pretty cool because you can either throw the disposable core away (it decomposes in 50 days vs the 500 years it takes for a disposable diaper) or you can flush it or you can-- now this is kinda gross-- compost it (see, I told you it was gross). So apparently they are all environmentally friendly, but really, we're just using it because Caleb is rash free for the first time in almost five months. I don't know why they are better, but they are! I totally suggest them for anyone who is looking for a solution to diaper rash. They might seem complicated, but they aren't! Even Pete can do it and he doesn't complain about changing the diaper any more than he did with disposables. :)

3 comments:

Fike's Lives said...

Thats great to hear! I have never even heard of gdiapers, where did you get them from?

Amanda K said...

They are only old at specialty stores, amazon, and of course, gdiapers.com You can find them at Whole Foods and yuppy stores that I feel like a poser being in :) I read about them online when I was searching for solutions to Caleb's diaper rash. We bought ours online through amazon.com so that I wouldn't be out of my league :)

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

I am definitely going to have to see these things when we get home!