Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Things I Heart

Because I feel as though I have been in a rather nasty, complaining mood lately (Pete has pointed out that I feel as though I've been in such a mood, because I have, in fact, been in such a mood... whatever.) I think I need to write a list of things that make me happy, even though they may drive me crrazzzzyyy at times.

WARNING: This list is comprised entirely of things Caleb does and absolutely contains run on sentences.

1. A few days ago I was wrestling with the surprisingly strong toddler, trying to be a good mother and actually wipe the snot off his nose, instead of just letting it run straight into his mouth, like I normally do, and I came up with a brilliant solution. I stopped struggling, looked at him and asked, "Do you want to see the yuckies on your nose?" Thrilled, he responded "Yesh." And I took him to a mirror and showed him. He then let me wipe them all off while he watched. He was thrilled. He has not stopped asking to see the yuckies on his nose every four seconds for days now-- awesome :) Sigh. Win some, lose some.

2. When I see Caleb, I usually greet him with, "Hey, baby." He now responds in like.

3. Every morning Caleb wakes up and asks, "Grandpa ride tractor?" He's more than a little obsessed.

4. When Caleb wants to be held he grabs my shoulders and gives a big hug. He then snuggles in and pulls his arms between my chest and his, while laying his head on my shoulder. It pretty much melts my heart.

5. The other day Caleb saw me crying (I was reading something sad) and he got very concerned and asked, "Mommy sad?" He then crawled up on my lap and said, "Mommy need hugs and kishes."

6. He runs around kicking a tennis ball with surprising accuracy. He asks me everyday for a "sicker" ball. I would buy one, but did you know soccer balls cost $20!?! He's sticking with the tennis ball for now, and we're pretending that he's improving his agility skills.

7. Anytime Caleb wants to do something, he looks at you very sincerely and declares, "It my turn, peas." How do you argue with that?

8. When I put Caleb down for a nap, you can hear him counting to ten, over and over again until he falls asleep. I have no idea why.

9. He does the best rendition of "Popcorn Popping" I have ever seen. This kid has serious Jazz Hands. He also demands that we sing it over and over and over and over again. As soon as we finish, he yells, "Again!"

10. He recently spent a few days with his cousin, Dean, who is only a few weeks younger than him. Since then (it's been about two weeks) he asks me everyday "Where Dean at?" Anytime he wants to play with something, it is labeled, "Dean-Dean's car" or "Dean-Dean's block" or "Dean-Dean's" anything. If he gets really sad that Dean is not around, he tells me that Dean-Dean is sleeping.

3 comments:

Fike's Lives said...

He is counting sheep.

Lauren said...

Haha, I love that he counts himself to sleep... very clever.

Martha said...

What a great idea! It's always helpful to write down all the things you love. Warms my heart, for sure.