Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doing Our Part

Some good friends of ours, Eric and Whitney, have been trying to adopt a baby for the past year. I was at the zoo today with Whitney and I had this overwhelming desire to grab a baby and give it to her. Since that is technically frowned upon, I figured I could help her out some other way.

If anyone you know is pregnant and considering adoption, please consider looking at their parent profile. You can also catch a glimpse of their life via their blog, http://culbie3.blogspot.com/

There is a link to their family profile on their blog. I cannot imagine what it would be like to give a child up for adoption-- but I do know that my biggest concern would revolve around finding the best family for my baby.

Eric and Whitney are some of the best parents I have ever seen. They have a beautiful four year old boy who challenges them with everything a four year old can throw at you-- and yet as I watch them teach him, I see their love and the desire they have for him to grow up into a strong, smart, polite young man. I see how they teach him not only HOW to behave, but WHY such behavior is necessary. I see the kind of parents I would want for my own child, if I could not do it myself.

I love them dearly. Spread the word.

1 comment:

Eric & Whitney Culbertson said...

Amanda, I don't know what we'd do without you. Thank you.