Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day



For Memorial Day Pete and I decided to have some friends get together and have a cook out.

Side Note: Funny story. I was out of town Friday-Sunday and Pete was getting a lot of questions at church about the cook out on Monday. Of course he had no answers so he told people to ask me about it. As I was emailing some people back, Peter started reading the email which contained the subject line: Memorial Day. "Ohh" He exclaimed. "I couldn't figure out why you were having a cook out on Monday. It's Memorial Day! I thought you were just figuring that you would be bored on Monday.... now it makes sense." I kid you not. Even worse? This kid is in the NAVY people! Of all holidays he should at least know this one! Boards is really starting to rot his brain. End of Side Note.

So, yeah, we used the glory of the world wide web, sent out an email to some friends and told them to bring a side and we would bring the hamburgers and hot dogs. It was a good lesson to me in making things easy. I didn't go out of my way to do anything special, but it still turned out great! Everything went really well thanks to our good friends Julie and Brent

(another side note: they have a daughter named Aubrey and I always always always refer to them as Brent and Aubrey-- like my friends from Freshman year-- and Pete looks at me like, why the heck are you talking about their daughter.)

who saved the day with their grill! We were about to load our up into the car to head over to the park when we realized that it was chained to our front porch and we don't know where the key is... oh well. That's what happens...

Anyway, we had a great time! Thanks to everyone who came out to spend the day with us!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

That is funny about pete, poor pete. p.s. I like caleb's picture eating a watermelon chunk bigger than he is. way to be ambitious!
Hope you guys are doing well and I will cross my fingers for boards, that they go well.

Martha said...

Cute picture! That definitely shows Caleb in his happiest of activities!! :) Eating! I think playing with a ball comes in a close second.

Loved the side note. How funny! Can't wait to have our husbands back. Good luck to Pete!

Katie M. said...

ha ha!

It was a blast-- thanks for throwing it all together. I've never had better bbq-ed meat. Fun to see you all-- love the picture of Caleb devouring the watermelon. I almost feel bad for it!:)

Meredith said...

Yes, that is definitely a cute picture.