Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chemists Know How to Party

Pittsburgh has some great museums, thanks to Andrew Carnegie. One of my favorites is the Carnegie Science Center. Pretty much, my dream is to work at the Science Center some day. Despite the fact that we probably won't ever live in Pittsburgh again (there aren't many Naval Bases here) I can still dream, right?

Anyway, my grandfather (known as Papa) is a retired Chemist, but he still participates in some of the Chemical Societies here in the 'Burgh. Each year, the SACP (Society of Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh) holds an evening at the Science Center. Peter, Caleb and I were able to join him and Bala, as well as my sister Shayla, and her husband (Sean) and her son, Dean. Caleb and Dean had so much fun running around, playing with the robots and checking out the INCREDIBLE train display. The Science Center also has an entire floor designed for children, and Dean and Caleb spent most of the night trying to see just how wet they could get in the water displays.

The SACP also has a Santa come each year and Caleb actually sat on his lap! I thought he would scream and cry, but he sat there in amazement.

Of course, we didn't bring the camera, so we don't have pictures, but we sure had a fun night!

Thanks Papa!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: