Thursday, December 2, 2010

The End

29- Immune Systems. Seriously.

30- Eternal Families. The Novak/ Morales family buried their child, Gabriel, today. We have a tendency to believe that we are promised healthy families, healthy children, healthy careers, etc. We sometimes get angry when those supposed promises don't pan out. I understand that anger. Believe me, I get it. But I'm grateful that when I get over that anger, there are principles like eternal families that help me understand; that help me believe that while life isn't fair, eternity is. I don't believe that all "Why's" will ever be answered, in this life, and possibly not in the next. Some things just happen. Some children die. Some children get sick. Some children ace their SAT's. Some children hate their parents. Not everything happens for a reason. But I do believe that God will help us along the way. He won't make all those bad things go away. He won't make all those bad things happen. But He will give us strength-- knowledge of eternal families, friends who know when to call, parents who teach us good principles-- to get us through those difficult times.

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

"Some things just happen". I couldn't agree more. And it's a hard reality sometimes to swallow.

Hope you guys are good. Still miss you guys! Still!