Friday, May 20, 2011

What?

What? We're not dead? I know, crazy.

Anyway...

An essay of pictures:

In March, we celebrated Sophie's third birthday. These two are so cute together!

OK, so maybe they don't know how to take pictures. But they are great cousins!

In April, I had the brilliant idea of driving across the country with a three year old. From PA to CA. Luckily, my mother came along and kept us sane. This is how Caleb entertained himself in the car.

This is how he was entertained in CA.

Just like Lightening McQueen. Route 66.

At the end of April, I went to NYC to attend a taping of the Nate Berkus Show, where my friend Anne (Third from Left) had a make-over! It was awesome, and like all good things, is because Kay made it happen :)

The very next day (great timing, ehh?) a moving van came to our house. Some nice people put all of our belongings in boxes, placed the boxes in the van and drove it across the country. Caleb was disappointed this was not going to be his method of transportation. Maybe next time.

My sister, Shayla, and her son Dean (age 3). The next week, we headed down to the Outer Banks to have a good ol family vacation with my siblings.

Dean and Caleb (both 3). The cousins had a great time!

We didn't leave him there for long...

Charlotte remained unimpressed, as she does with most things we try to introduce her to.

The siblings. From left to right: Katie (21), Amanda (25), Tracy (28), Shayla (30), Aaron (32) Aren't we cute?

We celebrated my birthday while we were there.

My grandparents were able to come as well. Papa and I share a birthday, and he is enjoying his new iPad2. Seriously. What's better than an Apple product and a nap?

Caleb learned to swim with swimmies.

Caleb has asked to see Bala and Papa every.single.day. since we've been home. We sure love these people! Bala will kill me once she knows I put up a picture of her, so it's been nice knowing all of you.

ahhh... relaxation
Phew. Caught up. Yes.

Peter is in California moving us all into our new place and doing his last rotation of medical school!! He flies home Sunday, May 29 and is here until June 5.

Of course, the best part is June 5th is his GRADUATION!

Charlotte and I fly out via medivac sometime later that week (we don't have anything definite yet, and won't until after June 6th). Caleb and my father will fly out together around June 10.

And that's how the Knickerbocker's move to California. As difficult and disjointed as possible :)

2 comments:

The Calder's said...

wow. I though moving. period. was difficult!! :) Good luck!! Enjoy the weather!!! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats to Pete and you! Also you were ON the Nate Berkus show, remember?! Loved all the funpics! Kicking myself for missing out on your b.day, blah! But i love you to death_that has to count for something, right???