Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lancaster

This past week a group of my friends and I went out to Bird in Hand and Intercourse, PA. They are two quaint Amish run towns which draw tourists in from all over. We figured that while we were in the Philly area, we should take advantage of the day trips and head on over.

The nice part for me is that Pete's parents live about 20 minutes away from these Amish towns. Unfortunately, we weren't able to go to visit Grandma and Grandpa Knickerbocker on this trip, but I'm sure we will take advantage of it in the future.

Amber, Heather, Amanda and I headed out with babies in tow for a day of quilting materials and 50 pound bags of wheat. Everyone stared a bit when we entered with four babies ranging in ages from 2 to 18 months, but we had a great day and enjoyed our time in the great outdoors (complete with fresh air and manure).

Amber has inspired us all to quilt and she has promised to help get us all started. We plan to make our outing a monthly event. I think the people in Bird in Hand, PA might object to our plans, but we are having a great time and it gives us a chance to get out of the house with the kids!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Amber's taught me how to quilt, too, and I've found it to be more fun than I thought it would be. Hope you're enjoying it as well!

-Ann