Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Oops

So I have been attempting to train for a half marathon in the fall. With frequent trips back to Pittsburgh, my training efforts have been less than stellar. But last night, after putting Caleb to sleep, I quickly left the house before I could talk myself into sitting on the couch and playing with my new computer program, Aperture 2 (more on that later).

I'm 2.5 miles into my run (and starting to feel it) when my hand caught the wiring on my headphones and pulled my iPod out of the dock on the treadmill. My iPod gracefully lands on the treadmill and slips through the tiny slot where there track runs. Could it have just fallen under the treadmill? Of course not. The speed of the track was just enough to shoot my iPod into the "engine" of the treadmill.

And so, at 11:30 at night, I have to go tell the guy at the front desk that I have lost my iPod in the treadmill. Any guesses as to his reaction? "Is that even possible?" I nod my head that indeed, it can be done. He looks at me like, "Do we just let anyone join this gym?" and proceeds to take my information and turn off the treadmill.

Oops. I may have to go to the other gym for awhile. Maybe forever.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

oops, Did you ever get your ipod back or has it gone to ipod heaven?