Saturday, October 4, 2008

Did you catch that?

A Temple in Philly!! Woohoo. Now I know that my friends in Pittsburgh are just about dying, since they STILL have a six hour drive to the Temple in Washington DC and here in Philadelphia we have two temples within a three hour drive (DC and NYC), but still... I'm totally pumped :)

According to the rumor mill (our stake president) the Temple will be located at Broad and Noble. How awesome is that? It'll be right along the mass transit lines-- making it totally accessible for those without cars, which is pretty common here.

We'll keep you updated. But seriously. We're going to have a Temple here. I think I might cry.


EDIT
According to the LDS News Room the Temple will be located downtown. We're so excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and it will probably be done about the time that Pete moves you guys to thailand and he is out on a boat with the navy. But seriously that will be so exciting. I am excited to invite people to the open house.

Paige said...

I totally thought of you when they announced it! That is sooo exciting

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

I did a happy dance for you and Pete. So much easier to arrange a baby sitter for Temple trips, when the temple is in the same state :)

Ann said...

I gasped when they announced it, and everyone looked at me. They just don't get what a big deal that is!