Thursday, October 16, 2008

World Series Bound!

I have to humble my Pittsburgh Pride and take a moment to Congratulate the Philadelphia Phillies. Tonight they won their series in game five against the LA Dodgers to bring home the National League Championship. On October 22, they will head to the World Series for the first time since 1993. (In all honesty, that's more than the Pittsburgh Pirates can say-- shoot, we just want a season ending above .500)

So even though I will completely deny this should anyone in Pittsburgh ask-- we're excited for the city and hope that the team can bring home.

I mean, c'mon, this city really needs a win. :)

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

oh amanda.. look at your sports humility just grow and grow- you should be very proud of yourself. that's like a U of U fan such as myself, giving a root and ye haa to BYU, which would be difficult. You should pat yourself on the back, young lady..

Amanda K said...

That's what I'm sayin'! I'm glad someone else recognizes how amazingly humble I am being :)