Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mean Mommy, Nice Grandma

One of Caleb's favorite new things is tractors (and trucks). A few weeks ago, Caleb had the chance to sit in a firetruck and it's been a complete obsession ever since. He's also completely in awe of the lawn mower, telling everyone, "Mommy mow grass!". The lawnmower lives in the shed and is often "Night-night" because Caleb thinks he should get to sit on it ALLLLL the time.

I'm usually mean and tell him that he needs to do something else, and this is the reaction I get:





On the other hand, he also has Grandma to make his life perfect. (And my life perfect as a result). Tonight I walked into the kitchen to see this:
Making cookies with Grandma. Not to get all mushy, but I just have to say, I'm so glad I have such a wonderful mother-in-law. Not only did she raise a pretty nice gentleman for me to marry, but the love and tenderness she shows my child makes me teary eyed at times. She's a woman I would be honored to resemble someday. I have a long way to go, but I know where I'd like to end up.

Ok. Mushy-ness over.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Amen, she is a amazing mother, and grandmother. You are an amazing mother as well.