Saturday, October 3, 2009

Survival

You'll all be happy (well, I hope you will) to know that I survived the half marathon. Actually it went pretty well. It was pretty hot there at the end, and LOTS of hills throughout (what's that about anyway?) so by about mile 10.5 I was mentally over this whole running thing, but after a few prayers and being passed by a kid who was seriously 6, I kept going.

My first goal was to finish. My second goal was to finish under three hours. (I like to make goals I know I can make). My third "super stretch" goal was to finish under two and a half hours.

I ran it in 2:07. I'll take it. I'm off to an appointment with a tube of icy-hot.

3 comments:

liz hawkins said...

Way to go!!

Lauren said...

Congrats, girl! You are amazing!

Katie M. said...

Wow, can I call you zippy?

That's a great time. Feel good about it.

Way to go for hitting your goals! you rockstar.