Sunday, January 11, 2009

This, That and the Other

OK... I suppose I'll start at the beginning (a very good place to start, when we read, we begin with... nevermind)

Since Caleb's hospital fiasco we started using a new diaper called the gDiaper. We feel a little poser-ish using these yuppy, environmentally friendly diapers, but they are totally worth it!I talked about them a little in a previous post, but really--- these diapers have been incredible. I don't know what we would have done if Caleb's diaper rash had continued to progress the way it was. His pediatrician calls it the worst diaper rash she has ever seen, and the doctors in the ER at CHOP (the number one Children's Hospital in the country) claim it is beyond their level of expertise. Not very reassuring. Once we started these diapers, his rash cleared up in a matter of hours, and he has only had one sever case of rash in almost three weeks (which is a miracle, really). So yeah-- his diapers rock.

Next step: Birthday!

Ahh! My baby is one! I can hardly believe that this little boy is mine. It seems like he's always been this way-- running all over, getting into things, cheesin' it up-- but as I take the time to remember him as a newborn, I can hardly believe that the tiny little baby (well, not so tiny) I held is now this beautiful toddler. Bah!

He apparently warmed up to it :) This is Caleb's version of "All Done" and "More" all in one

The spoiled little kid had so many birthday outings! He had a birthday dinner with Dave, Anika and Charlie, birthday cake with some of Pete's extended family at a family Christmas dinner, birthday cake on his actual birthday at our place (the pictures above) and then birthday celebrations with my family! It was quite the ordeal. We'll be having an "un-birthday" party for him in June so that he can celebrate with his friends.

After That: Christmas

We spent Christmas in Pittsburgh with my family. It was great to have the chance to see my siblings-- everyone was there except for Aaron, who lives in Hong Kong. Maybe next year we can all be together!

We did manage to get all the new grandchildren together this Christmas. Caleb was born last December and was followed rather closely by two cousins-- Dean in February and Sophie in March. This was the first chance to get them all together and I have to say, these kids are going to be trouble! It was great getting to see everyone and we had a spectacular Christmas.

Caleb sitting in his Christmas present! A beautiful new carseat. :)

Caleb was spoiled by friends and family alike. He got more toys and presents in one week than I thought was possible. It is so much fun though to watch him learn how to interact with objects and people.


We also got to spend sometime with my grandmother-- "Bala" Reddy. She will be 92 next month and is as active as ever. Here she is with Dean, Caleb and Sophie-- three of her great-grandchildren.


All in all we got to spend some great time with my family. We came back here to Philly for the New Year and rang it in with two of our friends, Amanda and Bobby. It was low key-- exactly the way I hope 2009 turns out to be.

Phew. There it is. I'm sure I left half of it out. But this is all you are getting. So there.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute, cute, pictures! He is adorable! Sounds like your holidays were a blast!

Katie M. said...

lovely update. How i miss you! But I can't believe how quickly the time has flown.

How did Caleb's rash get so bad? Yikes. Glad the yuppy diapers have saved the day.

Happy new year, friend. See you in a week or so!