Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Day

Over the last week in particular, I have gotten a lot of comments on how much Caleb eats. I didn't think much of it, but since he is going to be tested for some mal-absorption problems, I am supposed to keep track of what he eats in a day.

Here is what I have down for today:

(3) bowls of cheerios with lactose free milk
(2) bananas
(2) pieces of oatnut bread
(4) granola bars
(2.5) peanut butter sandwiches
(2) Tilapia fillets
(2) cans of carrots
(1) can of green beans
(3) 8 ounce sippies of lactose free milk
(3) 6 ounce sippies of apple juice
untold amounts of water, puffs, raisins and I'm not even going to guess what random things off the floor he consumed.


And he is currently standing next to the couch yelling at me because I am eating a sandwich and he wants a bite.

So yeah, I guess he eats a lot.

11 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Holy Cow.

Unknown said...

My God. Here's what I ate today:

- An apple
- Two oranges
- A can of peaches
- A can of pineapples
- A banana
- Home-made healthy paste primavera w/ squash, zuccini, onion, pepper, tomato, and mushrooms
- Tea & Coffee

Your little rugrat eats like a king.

Katie M. said...

holy crap amanda! I am stunned! You weren't joking at church the other day when you mentioned how much the critter eats. I am laughing right now, right here in my pj's. He's my kind of kid.

April & Anthony Callison said...

wow! and i thought Tanner eats a lot...he has nothing on caleb.

J. Aaron Farr said...

You can't be serious. I don't think Maeli's eaten that much ever. Wow.

The Calder's said...

THat is a Lot!! haha I feel for the guy, since I feel like I am ALWAYS hungry these days!!
I was blog stocking and came across your blog!! I sent you an invite to mine...figured you wouldn't mind! hah your little guy sure is cute though!!!

brohammas said...

Not to worry you but minus the lactose free stuff, add some red meat, and that looks.... like twice what I eat.

In case you didn't notice, I am about the size of California's budget shortfall.

Martha said...

ummm... yeah! That's a lot! He eats more than I do!! Wow! Good thing he's getting tested. If you want to scream, you can come over to my house sometime! :)

Jenny Zepp said...

Here is what Maeli ate yesterday (4 years old). We went to Disneyland:

8am - bowl of grape nuts cereal
10am - 5 pieces of avocado/cucumber sushi rolls
1:30pm - japanese vegetable noodle soup with seaweed
2:30pm - 1 cup of popcorn
6:30pm - italian pasta with beef
8pm - 2 slices of veggie pizza

She drank water all day, aside from a few sips of Grandma's coke.

She would normally have a piece of chocolate or lollipop sometime after a meal, but she's grounded from sweets now because she ran away from me the other day in public.

I think Caleb has her beat. Well...the interesting thing is that this is actually A LOT of food for Maeli. I've noticed her essentially double her food intake in the past week. So, after this growth spurt, she'll go back to eating about half of what I have listed. She's a bird. :-)

Ann said...

Very impressive! At least he has the genes of two extremely thin parents
. So eat on, Caleb!

Anonymous said...

wow. I totally should be feeding Sage more.