Saturday, March 20, 2010

Moving On

This morning I'm getting ready to head over to a baby shower for a dear, dear friend. This friend has struggled with health problems for years and has suffered a lot when it came to getting pregnant. And so to have a party to celebrate being 34 weeks pregnant makes sense.

Intellectually.

Emotionally, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to handle it. I don't know why even. But I'm going. Because I know that even if I'm not ready for this, I have incredible friends who will let me be that crazy person who's crying over baby socks. And that's the beauty of our situation. Sometimes this whole thing makes me a mean, crass person (a whole 'nother post) but sometimes, most of the time, this situation makes me better. It helps me to see how much we really have-- how blessed we really are. We have been given so much, so very much.

And that's a gift.

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Amanda, you are amazing. I don't know how you are handling this. I pray for you every day.

Martha said...

My dear friend! I love you!! You have been there for me in so many ways, and I am truly grateful for you and your friendship. I have admired you since the first day I met you, and that admiration has only increased in leaps and bounds these past few years. Having you share such a moment with me during your time of struggle meant so much to me... I can't even begin to tell you what your friendship means to me. You truly are a genuine friend and I feel tremendously blessed to know you. I love you and can't wait to see you this week!! Take care, my friend.