Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day

We love the Earth. Seriously. We're all about it. Not all about it in a "I'm gunna chain myself to a tree" sorta way, but in a "Can you believe how amazing this place is" kinda way.

Speaking of how awesome the Earth is, I think I should mention one of it's greatest attributes. It holds on to things. Lots of things. Like my engagement ring.

Remember THIS post? How I was planting a garden (to be kind to the Earth and save some cha-ching, cha-ching) and I lost my engagement ring?

No worries. The new tenants of the place were planting a garden (go them!) and they found it. AND they mailed it to us. Priority Overnight. (Fed-ex thanks them as well).

Why they were able to find it and we could not (after two metal detectors and hours of hand sifting the dirt...) I'm not sure, but hey. Whatever works.

So yeah. Go Earth. Go new tenants. We love all of you.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Fike's Lives said...

I was wondering if you had ever found it. That is so sweet that they sent it back to you.

Katie M. said...

bless their little earth hearts for being out in the garden and then for sending it. what a fabulous surprise to your week!

Linze Kate said...

Rock on! That's great - and it's great that they were honest and sent it back your way!
We can all appreciate Earth Day a little more after that. Haha! :)
*muah*

Amanda said...

oh YAY!! I had no idea that you (they) found your ring!! YAY!!!