Thursday, September 25, 2008

9 months

Caleb had his nine month appointment today, so this post is really just to update grandparents and any other people strangely obsessed with his measurements. He weighed in at 21.5 pounds, which is in the 50th percentile. He is 27 inches long, which places him in the 10th percentile. His head circumference is 45.5 cm and is in the 50th percentile.

He had to get some blood work today, and that did not go over well. They couldn't find the vein in his arm and when they finally did find it, he would clot after filling the tube about a quarter of the way full. So long story short, the doctor finally got to see how Caleb cries without tears, he was stuck three times in each arm, I almost passed out and Charlie slept through the entire thing. We finally were able to get enough blood for the tests and hopefully he's fine because the boy is never ever going to let us take his blood again.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, and I thought I had an exciting visit today. Well, the only "exciting" part was the shouting match between a parent and an employee in the waiting room as I was filling out my paperwork. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. I'll have to tell you about it sometime ;-)

Oh, this is Natalie Meacham by the way. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ouch poor baby, I guess I shouldn't watch vampire movies with him tomorrow.

Jenny Zepp said...

Funny... I read your post today right after finding Maeli's growth chart after doing a bunch of filing in the office.

Here's where my skinny little kid was at during her 9th month:

15 lbs 2 oz
27 and 1/2 inches

You know, Maeli is still pretty skinny...probably the skinniest in her class. We all know she didn't get it from me. Such a Farr trait! So, if Caleb ends up a little chubby, you can blame Pete!

Love you,
Jenny