Friday, February 19, 2010

If Only He Were Here...

Today is Peter's 27th birthday. If he were here, I would probably slave over a cake and his favorite meal, but seeing as how he is working a 24 hour shift today at the Naval Hospital in Norfolk, VA, he's just going to miss out on my would-be culinary masterpiece.

Here's a picture to remind you of have good you have it babe. :)

Peter's birthday cake, February, 2008.

In my defense... OK, there's really no defense for this cake (I had a four week old? I'm no good at baking? See, they're all lame). But it tasted good. And it gives us something to laugh at. And it sets really low expectations. Bonus.

Happy Birthday Pete! We love you and miss you and can't wait to celebrate when you get back next week. Have fun (and get some sleep)!

2 comments:

Meier Family said...

Hey cute girl! Hope all is well and love the cake pic....you are great mother, wife and friend to everyone you meet. :) I am SOOO glad to hear that everything is okay and even more excited to tell you CONGRATS that you're having a little girl! Let me know if you need anything...now that we are "unburied" and have heat in our house again...I can offer my services to others. Take care :)

Ann said...

Yes, Pete, you do have it good! Happy Birthday! Awesome cake, Amanda. Very few things say "I love you" better than that!