Saturday, February 27, 2010

Still Pregnant!

It's about 8 am on Saturday morning and it looks like we've made it through the first few days just fine. I'm almost past the window that they are most concerned for developing an infection, so as long as all goes well today, I should be moved to the maternity ward until I deliver. Since the baby will be premature, I'll have to deliver in the OR, where they have all the ventilators and equipment the baby will need.

We've spoke to the NICU team here and the OB's and we're all just hoping that I don't need any of them for several more weeks. For right now, we're taking it week by week-- I've made it to 24 weeks, let's see if I can hit 25. Our next major milestone is 28 weeks, then 32, then 34. If by some miracle I make it to 34 weeks, they will probably induce me and deliver this little one. So here's to ten more weeks of hanging out in the hospital. :)

Many have asked if we want visitors. I have absolutely no objection to people visiting, but they are currently not allowing children in the hospital as visitors. Word on the street is that they are going to lighten that restriction in March, but we haven't heard anything official.

Thank you for all your support!! This has been incredibly humbling and although I hope no one has to go through it-- I appreciate the lessons I've already been taught. So thanks! You guys are so great!

4 comments:

liz hawkins said...

GREAT news!

Fike's Lives said...

Glad to hear you are still pregnant! Hopefully things will stay this way for a while.

Mandy said...

I am so glad to hear that you are still pregnant. So what are you doing to fill your time in the hospital? one can only handle so much of jello and day time television! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Ann said...

Thank goodness we have modern medicine, especially in cases such as yours.