Friday, June 25, 2010

Our Carpentry Adventure

It started with this:

Which did this:


And was enjoyed by these:


And then there was some of (A LOT of) this:

Which lead to this:

And this:


And finally resulted in this:


And this:


The roof/tarp comes this week and our adventure in carpentry will be over!

We knew that with Charlotte's home-bound needs, Caleb would need a place to play this fall. Sane people would go to Home Depot, pick out a swing set and schedule a delivery time.

Sanity is not a strong suit in this household.

We bought some plans, ordered some wood, measured, cut, swore (a little), measured again, cut again, drilled, aligned, and finally, sledge hammered things in place.

I think we actually had some fun in there, too.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, is all I can say. Seriously impressive guys! I like your comment about sanity not being a strong suite. I think sanity is overrated sometimes :)

farrma said...

I love it! You did such a great job! What a great place for Caleb to play...and I'm sure he had a great time helping! Mom

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

that is freaking amazing.

Ann said...

Your talents never end - maneuvering heavy machinery AND constructing play sets. Yeah, I think I'm definitely going to have to ban Isaac from viewing your blog with me. We can keep up with the Jones, just not the Knickerbockers!

Brandon said...

holy cow

Lori said...

holy moly. you are insane! but WOW what a product! good job!