Thursday, November 11, 2010

9, 10, 11

Nov 9- Pedro. He had today off. We hung out. It was awesome. I love having a best friend. I love that he humors me. I'm grateful for the fact that he shaves every day even though he hates doing it. I'm grateful that he heats up my rice bag when he knows I'm stressed. I'm grateful that he doesn't take things too seriously. Love him.

Nov 10- Early Intervention. After Charlotte's TWO HOUR appointment (not on my gratitude list, thank-you-very-much) at CHOP this morning, the feeding team was adamant that we get Occupational Therapy for Miss CA. Thinking I was going to have to fight Early Intervention to get an OT (we already have Speech Therapy and Physical Therapy) I called our coordinator ready to demand services. I was prepared. I had done my research. I knew exactly why Charlotte needed an OT in addition to her other services. Joan, our coordinator, simply said, "If you think she needs OT, I'll call and find someone right now." Uhhhh... what was that? Was it really that easy? Yes, I think it was. Awesome.

Nov 11- Veterans. Of course, right? I'm also grateful for all those Moms, Dads, Wives, Husbands, Significant Others, Children, etc who supported those Veterans. I'm grateful for those people who wrote them letters, sent them pictures, and loved them while they were away. I'm grateful for those who were waiting for them when they came home. There's just not much more to say. So thanks. Thanks for serving.

1 comment:

Lori said...

three cheers for early intervention.