Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude: Day 1

30 Days of Gratitude.

So it's a bit trendy, and kinda "roll my eyes at people who do this on their blogs" but this year has been an interesting one, and I feel the need to document the things for which I am grateful. (And I haven't actively blogged on here for the entire year and I need to fix that.) For the next 30 days, I'll post on what I am grateful for, and hopefully, along the way, we can all re-focus and re-energize.

So today, I'm grateful for the people who helped me get through the past year. That would be all of you. I'm grateful for the text messages, the comments on the blog, the emails, the greeting cards, the gas cards, the visits, the support, and most importantly the prayers, that got us through this crazy time. I'm grateful that people didn't forget, that people still remember that we struggle. I'm grateful for those who continue to inspire us, continue to support us and continue to "understand" us. I'm grateful for those who know that they don't understand.

I'm grateful that many of you will never know what it is like to have a child so early.

I'm so grateful for that. I'm grateful for newborns, for children who are healthy, for parents who can go home from the hospital without a second thought. I'm also grateful for babies who come home from the hospital-- now matter how delayed their homecoming might be. Most importantly, I'm grateful for the love and support that wraps its arms around parents who leave the hospital to go home, while their babies go to Heaven.

So as I start this month, I want you to know that the only reason I am able to write these things is because of all of you.

Thanks for being my therapy.

1 comment:

Lori said...

i'm grateful martha introduced us. you're pretty fantastic.