Saturday, November 20, 2010

Umm, Catch Up...

12- Service. I've been going to school among all the other crazy things in our lives. An amazing friend of ours has watched Caleb all week so that I could get some hard core study time in. Ideally, we just would have put Caleb in a preschool, so that I could study and he could "learn" but since Charlotte's immune system cannot handle preschool germs, we have to keep Caleb out. So yeah, my friend? She's more than awesome. I'm so touched by the amount of service we have been offered.

13- Pampering. Being in school means there are a lot of things you have to cut back on. But Peter is pretty good to me, and he makes sure that we have room in the budget for me to get a good haircut. Sigh. I admit it-- I like to be pampered. I like it a lot.

14- Family. I know, that's a gimme, right? Peter's older brother was in the area this weekend and was able to come to our church service and have dinner with us this afternoon. Peter's younger brother and his wife were able to stop by as well, and it was really great to see "the boys" have some time together. As we all get older and live farther away from family, I really appreciate these times together, no matter how brief.

15- Optimism. Charlotte had Speech Language Therapy today, and they really worked on trying to get her to take the bottle. We didn't have much luck, which tends to get me discouraged, but her therapist stayed ever positive. I appreciate having medical professionals who keep us going, even when day to day progress is next to nothing.

16- My brain. I saw a commercial today that totally threw me off. Seriously, it was awful. And as I was really bothered by the commercial, I was also really grateful that I have the ability to form my own opinions. I'm not always the best at it, but I'm glad that I was raised to think for myself, to not follow the crowd, and to question authority (with respect, of course). That's pretty deep for a commercial, huh?

17- Preemies. Today is Prematurity Awareness Day. I'm grateful for Charlotte. 'Nough said.

18- Cameras. We took family pictures today. So glad we have the technology to document how much my children hate being documented :) But seriously. I am forever grateful to have pictures. I'm sentimental like that.

19- Organizations. We had a meeting with Team Heather today. These women are so inspiring. They've poured their resources together and are fighting so hard to make Heather's fight a little easier. These women are realistic. They know Heather is in the fight for her life. But they also know that Heather is not fighting it alone. And somehow, that helps.

20- Dates. Pedro and I went.on.a.date. Babysitter and everything. It was surreal. Going somewhere together that does not involve the hospital. It's the little things in life :)

No comments: