Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And Miles To Go Before I Sleep...

Saturday Peter, Caleb and I joined some of the students from his school and participated in a "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event. One of our friends, James, helped put the walk together and we were glad to see that it was a huge success.

Basically guys from the class got together and walked a mile around the school in four inch heels. The purpose is to promote awareness of domestic violence-- which was interesting since it seemed like the women who drove by were all cheers and "way to go" while the guys who drove by looked at us like "there's no way I would ever do that." Thus the need for more awareness.

Just wanted to say thanks to James for working so hard to put this on and for all those who participated. If nothing else, Pete has a lot more sympathy for me and my footwear.

You can check out an article about the event by clicking here. And watch the video here.

No comments: