Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dilemma

I want to run the 5M Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving morning, but I'm finding myself playing chicken.

When I was running outdoors, it was nice out, so I always took the baby (sometimes babies when Charlie was here) and headed out for a run with the jogging stroller. I really like the jogging stroller because even though I have to adjust my arms so I don't cramp up, I like pushing the stroller, it keeps me going.

Since it has gotten cold out, I've taken my little running self indoors and have been resigned to running on the treadmill. I didn't think I hated the treadmill, but I do- I really hate it. However, it does force me to keep running, since the alternative (stop running, fall on my face, get laughed at by all the other gym attendees) does not seem pleasant.

Thus the dilemma-- since I will be running out doors, do I use the stroller to keep going? That would mean that I would subject Caleb to being out in the cold in the stroller for about 45 minutes to an hour. Not exactly material for mom of the year award.

That being said, I'm afraid that I won't be able to do it on my own-- no stroller AND no treadmill? Boo.

Should I be a good mom and let Caleb stay warm? Or should he have to suck it up for my general running health? Will an hour outside kill the kid? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I think that you should leave caleb with pete, and get a big frozen turkey, strap it into the stroller and run the race. It is a turkey trot after all you would not want to leave home without the turkey. Dilemma solved, next I will tackle world peace

Ann said...

So did you end up running with or without the babe? Sorry, I didn't look at your blog until now.