Monday, June 16, 2008

Tag- You're it!

I was recently tagged by more than one friend to do this picture post, so I figured I would give in and jump on the bandwagon (even though Pete is totally going to make fun of me for this).

The idea is to take pictures around your house as is-- no cleaning or fixing things before hand. (Luckily, Caleb took a long nap today and I was in a cleaning mood, so things were relatively put together before I decided to do this).

1. The Laundry Room











Our "Laundry Room" is in the basement. We share the space with the people who live above us (who are really nice by the way). Yes, those are tennis balls on my dryer. They are for when I have to wash the Boppy. Don't ask me, it's on the label.

2. Favorite Room
Caleb's Room! Without a doubt. Mostly because of the elephants, but also because it's a safe place. Is that cheesy? Oh well. It's the truth.

3. The Kitchen Sink
Does anyone know how to get the stains out of the kitchen sink? They drive me crazy! And that soap always falls over and leaks onto the counter-- leaving me a rather gross mess of dish soap. Eww.

4. What My Child is Doing Now:

Caleb is eating blueberries in his "I can't choke on Food" bag. Pete calls it his "chew bag" but I think that sounds gross. Don't get me wrong-- the bag is gross in and of itself, but "chew bag?" Ugh. But he thinks it is fabulous and so far he is enjoying the blueberries much more than I thought he would. (By the way, thanks Ellen-- these were the blueberries you guys gave us. Where did you go to pick those? We need to go ourselves!!)

5. The Toilet (Seriously?!?)
So our bathroom has one of those toilet paper roll holders that is tiled into the wall-- but the actual rod has been missing since we moved in. Since it was built into the wall, we couldn't find a rod that fit it (OK, I couldn't find a rod, Pete didn't care). So our toilet paper sits on top of the toilet and I am self conscious about it. Thus the unnecessary explanation.


6. My Closet
My half of the closet-- I didn't think it was fair to Pete to show his side. And the fact that the shoe box is crooked in this picture is driving me crazy. But I didn't fix it, because I am following the rules. And yes, Lauren, I still organize my closet in ROY G BIV. Some habits I just can't shake.

7. The Refrigerator

Good thing we just went grocery shopping! Pretty typical stuff here folks. My favorite thing? The picture Marley drew for us! She even wrote our names. She's pretty dang talented.

8. Dirtiest Room


Right now it's the living room since we are in the middle of packing.



9. Self Portrait
I'm aware that this is not a self portrait, but Pete is at work and even if he were at home, he would not take a picture of me to support blogging, so I found the most ridiculous picture of me that I could find and I think that should count. What say ye? (And yes, Pete and I match in this picture. It happens.)

10. My favorite shoes. I'm not even going to attempt this one. I have so many favorite shoes. Not even funny. If hard pressed, I would probably say my crocs, but even then I would have to choose between my blue and pink ones. It's a hard life.

11. Dream vacation. A completely unscheduled European backpacking tour. With a stop at Jane Austen's home. But no other plans. It would be so much fun to just jump on a train and end up anywhere.

OK... Phew. That was rough.

So that I can get to see some of my long lost friends and family and their homes, I tag Brent and Aubrey, Tracy and Hanna, Aaron and Jenny, and Lauren and Marcus (but Marcus has to be the one to blog, because he likes it so much) .

2 comments:

Ellen said...

We got the blueberries at a place call Linvilla orchards. They have all kinds of stuff to pick, not just blueberries. Their website is linvilla.com and for anyone else wanting to find pick-your-own fruit in your area, try pickyourown.org.

Fike's Lives said...

I love the picture with Caleb eating the blueberries, his eyes are such a pretty blue.