Sunday, June 29, 2008

Airport Abstractions

This Sunday evening finds us stuck in the Pittsburgh Airport. We came out to the 'burgh this weekend to help celebrate the graduations of both my sister and brother-in-law. Sean's family threw a shindig for the two of them and we came out to join the festivities. The party was great (a little wet) and we had a great time visiting with family. For the first time since Thanksgiving, Pete was able to travel with me. This meant that I didn't have to go through the airport with Caleb by myself. I was pretty excited. It also meant that Pete was able to visit with some of my family who he hasn't seen for a long time.

My brother Tracy was also in Pittsburgh this weekend, checking out one of the Big Four Firms that he might do an internship for next summer. They flew him out here to check out the office and see if he might think it was a good fit. So it was great that it worked out that we could see him! To top the weekend off, my father is going to fly back with us to Philadelphia tonight. He is staying with us for a week while he attends the NEH Landmarks of American History and Culture Workshop, "Bejamin Franklin and the Invention of America." He'll be taking classes at Villanova and exploring the city for a week. I'm totally jealous.

Currently the weather has our flight delayed and we are trying to find ways to entertain not only ourselves, but also Caleb. So far, we've been lucky enough to get by with his rings and a teething ring, but if the flight is delayed any longer, I'm not sure how well he'll hold out. Wish us luck!

No comments: