Monday, June 16, 2008

Whirlwind

So a few weeks ago my parents experienced a real "live" tornado. When my mom called me to tell me about the storm she said that they were alright but there was some serious damage. I went down to visit for Katie's graduation a few days later and as I was driving to their place there wasn't much damage at all. "She totally over reacted" I thought. There were a few trees down here and there, but nothing more than you would get from a bad thunderstorm. However, as I turned down the driveway, I saw a war zone. Apparently, the tornado had a beef to pick with my family, as it targeted them almost exclusively. Here are some pictures we took:


Unfortunately, the trees fell on my Dad's beloved '76 MG-B. It was a sad day for all of us. So far, he thinks most of the damage was done to the windshield, but time will tell.

Fortunately, nobody was hurt in the storm. The young men in my parent's ward came to help and play with chain saws, so they are starting to get things cleared up a bit.

No comments: