Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Elephants...

I'm just wondering what legal ground I have to disown my brother... see, my brother Aaron (the crazy adventurous, "let's move to China" brother) just went to Thailand on vacation. Harmless, you may assume. You would be wrong. He rode an elephant. WITHOUT ME.

Now many of you may not be aware of my strange obsession with elephants (not sure how you could miss it, but you may have overlooked this small fact about me). To enlighten you more, "obsession" might be putting it lightly. I have a bracelet made out of an elephant's tail. I have an elephant loofa, elephant book ends, elephant bookmarks, elephant rings, bracelets, necklaces and pins. I have more elephant figurines and stuffed animals that I even have repeats of some of them. We decorated Caleb's room in elephants-- mostly because I had enough paraphernalia to decorate, well, A LOT of rooms.

Have I made my point?

He went and rode an elephant without me. Now, I must say, I have ridden an elephant. But it was an elephant in a theme park and looking back, I'm sure PETA had something to say about having an elephant in a theme park. Aaron rode an elephant in Thailand. Totally cool. Well, it would have been, if he had taken me.

Sigh. All right, I'm done with the tirade. I'm going to cry myself to sleep, green with envy. What was that line? Thou shalt not covet?

Oops.

2 comments:

J. Aaron Farr said...

Does it help to know we were thinking about you the whole time?

:-)

Ann said...

My grandmother in Somerset is also obsessed with elephants. Who knew there were 2 in the world! Crazy! My best friend from high school's getting married in India this fall, and everyone asks her if there will be an elephant, but it looks as if they are doing without that tradition. Too bad.