Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So Domestic

Our Relief Society has been making quilts as part of the Quilts for Kids program. I figured it was about time for me to do something domestic, so I offered to make one. I haven't sewn anything since eighth grade "Family and Consumer Science" Class so this was definitely an interesting project.

Here are some pictures documenting the journey:

Peter was so shocked that I was using a sewing machine, he had to take a picture!

Top layer of the quilt

Finished product


Close up!


At first I was pretty embarrassed by how poorly sewn this quilt is, but I have come to the conclusion that a poorly sewn quilt is better than no quilt at all. I'm actually kinda proud of it :) Hopefully the child who receives this quilt will know how much fun I had making it and will be able to enjoy it as well. I don't know that this really qualifies me as being domestic, but I'm surely on my way!

9 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations, Amanda, on finishing the quilt! It looks great!

-Ann

Amanda said...

You are SO domestic! :) Wanna make Lillian's quilt for me? At the rate I'm going, it won't be done til she's 12!

Ellen said...

That is a very nice quilt. As a side note, I think your shirt is funny.

Ann said...

You Steelers Traitor!

Amanda said...

My sister-in-law got it for me. I would never actually purchase Eagles gear. She thought it would make me more well-rounded. :) So far, it hasn't helped!

Martha said...

It's beautiful! I love it! Way to go on being domestic. I can just imagine the look on Pete's face! :)

Lauren said...

I am thoroughly impressed! I don't think I could even turn a sewing machine on! It looks great!

farrma said...

I love the quilt and am so proud of you for making it, Amanda! You should feel very happy that some little one will love what you made!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I am Soren Harward's Aunt Tracy. Words to live by (from a 1986 R.S. lesson: "If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing it poorly." Translation: "Do not wait to fry chicken and make potato salad before taking your family on a picnic. Grab a loaf of bread and some peanut butter and go before your kids grow up."