Friday, April 4, 2008

On a Roll

Caleb has been impressing us all with his new talent of rolling over. However, he is rather picky about when he feels it is necessary to share this talent with the world. He mostly saves it for when no one is looking. Stingy kid.

He first started rolling over a few weeks ago (besides the few times he rolled over right after he was born-- those were just freak accidents.) He rolled over once for Daddy. Then he went on a strike and wouldn't roll over when anyone was looking. I set him down on his belly once so that I could go finish dinner and when I turned back around not a minute later, he was already on his back. He looked at me and giggled, almost laughing at the fact that he outsmarted me behind my back.

And so it has gone, for the past few weeks-- he would only roll over when no one was watching. Finally today I had had enough-- I laid him on his belly and stared at him until I saw him perform. It took him long enough, but finally he consented and I got to see him roll over.

Hopefully sometime soon he will let us take a video of it and we can post it for you. Because I know you are all on the edge of your seats, waiting to see Caleb roll over.

Sigh... I'm a little obsessed. Oh well.

No comments: