Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Horror Story

The missionaries were doing their laundry at our house this past p-day. Caleb had just started eating when they came in, so I am sitting on the couch, with a blanket over me so I can be as discreet as possible. Suddenly Caleb starts coughing pretty hard. With the missionaries right in front of me, I desperately try to cover myself up while at the same time get Caleb to an upright position. In the middle of this futile effort, Caleb begin spewing milk all over me. It was gushing out of his mouth like a fountain, and rushing out of his nose. I have no idea how well I was able to cover myself in this whole process. So there they are, standing around-- with a new mom and a child who is now screaming and dripping wet-- looking at me as though they have just seen an exorcism. I think I scarred them for life.

2 comments:

Soren said...

Probably, but it's one of those scars that they'll be proud to show off in a couple of years. Or next transfer. Or at the next district meeting.

Tracy and Hanna said...

Scared me, that's for sure.